What Causes Hemorrhoids?
What causes hemorrhoids is not known, exactly. However, undo pressure on the rectal veins seems to be the cause. This is a result of the upright posture of being human, sitting for long periods of time or standing for long periods of time. Other factors that contribute to hemorrhoids are:
- Pregnancy – Read Charlotte’s Story
- Gaining weight or losing weight – This is also explained in Charlotte’s story
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Straining during bowel moments
- Abusing the use of laxatives
- Spending long periods of time on the toilet, i.e., reading